cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlation between average miles per KWh and GOM 100% charge range.

DavidK
Experienced Driver

I am slightly confused and wondering if someone with a better understanding of Mach E’s could enlighten me.

I have a 91kwh useable battery model GT. To date my average consumption is 3.3miles per KWh. I assumed that on this basis, the calculation of 91kwh x 3.3miles per KWh = 300.3 miles of range. Quite a simple arithmetical calculation, I thought?. My GOM, however, indicates at 100% my range to be 258miles, a variance of 42.3miles. Please note the average consumption is based on only the 245miles total miles that it has covered from new, but I clearly thought that the car’s calculation would mirror my own?
Any explanation would be most welcome

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DavidK, hope you're enjoying the GT so far!

You'll see that in the summer and during warmer weather you'll get more range from your car but a lot of this does depend on driving style and where you drive. The calculation you made is correct, but I'd look at it as "in theory" and maybe go for a figure in between those two for now. 

Our website quotes that the GTR has a "range of up to 236-310 miles (WLTP test results)". 

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

chris200100
Community Legend

@DavidK 

The GOM is based on what you’ve driven totally and is very conservative which is better than being too optimistic.

all ev’s are the same. 
also the average consumption there are three on the Mach E if I recall, the one for that journey and two total mileage driven the GOM is based on the total mileage ones and not the this journey one. 
you will also find when on a longer journey and maintaining a steady speed the GOM won’t drop as quickly at times as it’s working out you have more range.

use the GOM as a guide and go with the battery percentage as that is more accurate 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DavidK, hope you're enjoying the GT so far!

You'll see that in the summer and during warmer weather you'll get more range from your car but a lot of this does depend on driving style and where you drive. The calculation you made is correct, but I'd look at it as "in theory" and maybe go for a figure in between those two for now. 

Our website quotes that the GTR has a "range of up to 236-310 miles (WLTP test results)". 

Community Moderator

DavidK
Experienced Driver

Thank you Ikenna. Pretty new to this and all things relating to consumption of electricity are a steep learning curve. With your collective advice, my understanding is getting clearer by the week. I am enjoying the GT tremendously, but the recall just 5 days into ownership, has marred it slightly. My confidence of giving it the gun, which is primarily why I bit the bullet and ordered it in lieu of my recent AWD ER, has been somewhat tempered🤓. Hopefully some conclusive information will come from FMC, whether it is affected and what the cure is, without detriment to the performance, will come very soon. Many thanks once again😁

chris200100
Community Legend

@DavidK 

The GOM is based on what you’ve driven totally and is very conservative which is better than being too optimistic.

all ev’s are the same. 
also the average consumption there are three on the Mach E if I recall, the one for that journey and two total mileage driven the GOM is based on the total mileage ones and not the this journey one. 
you will also find when on a longer journey and maintaining a steady speed the GOM won’t drop as quickly at times as it’s working out you have more range.

use the GOM as a guide and go with the battery percentage as that is more accurate 

DavidK
Experienced Driver

Thank you Chris, I will be mindful of your suggestions and heed your guideline👍