cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: Car profile randomly gets stuck on Guest

frozenfoothills
New Driver

Ever since my 2022 MME updated to Powerup 3.5.3.3 sporadically, when I start the vehicle, the profile will be set to guest, and the profile cannot be changed. Usually the car will immediately select my profile based on the PAAK. When this happens none of the saved profiles can be selected.

I noticed the seat and mirrors will still move into the correct position for the selected profile using the buttons on the door, but the radio presets and driving mode will not switch out of guest.

This happens sporadically on car start, with no discernible pattern. Soft resetting SYNC will temporarily fix the issue, but it will happen again randomly after a number of driving cycles.

This is a serious problem because the unexpected drive mode could cause a fender bender or worse when only some profiles use 1-pedal mode which may not match the guest profile.

I am not sure if this is the best place to report this issue, please let me know if there is a better place to report this issue. 

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

Cal-e
New Driver

Yea I am having the same issues about 50-70% of the time.  Really wish these updates were tested more.  Had no issues with really anything before the 3.x updates.  

frozenfoothills
New Driver

It started happening to me around October 18, 2022 and has continued ever since. For me it probably happens around 30% of the time or less. 

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frozenfoothills  @Cal-e Happy New Year and thank you for raising this issue. I've now brought this to the attention of the relevant team and I'll be in touch with the next steps in due time. 

Community Moderator

I cannot send you a private message.  Says at limit and I have never sent one. Assume because I am a new user.