cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SecuriAlert and Smart Watches

Jack
Staff
Staff

We heard from our customers a growing concern over the potential for their vehicle to be silently accessed through key cloning or relay attack. SecuriAlert allows you to place your vehicle into a heightened state of security where it notifies you of any activity on your vehicle during these heightened security periods.

Today you can switch SecuriAlert on in the FordPass app or set a recurring schedule to activate it automatically overnight when you sleep or during the day when you are at work.

We know that in your busy lives, you won’t always have the time nor inclination to pick up you phone, open FordPass and finding the SecuriAlert switch for those ad-hoc moments as you leave your vehicle parked to go shopping or jump out to pop into the dentist for a check-up, but know these moments mean that you don’t always feel comfortable leaving your vehicle in a unfamiliar neighbourhood.

For easy of access, would having the SecuriAlert button placed in a FordPass smart watch app where you can activate it at a tap of your wrist as you walk away from you vehicle make this feature more valuable and usable?

Further more, imagine a future where, with the right settings switched on, that the smart watch would know if you already have SecuriAlert active and buzz to prompt you to activate it as you leave your vehicle and walk away.

A) Yes, I have a smart watch and this would be great
B) Yes, but I don’t have a smart watch
C) No, having the ability to switch this on or off in the app is sufficient for me
D) I’m not too concerned about vehicle security

While we think about smart watches, what other features might you want to control in this way?

7 REPLIES 7

MachEbh
Mile Burner

Thanks for the ability to offer thoughts on this topic.  I would love Option A.    I would also love it if the car knew it was me by my watch and automatically engaged Securialert when I left the vehicle, and did not alert why i returned and unlocked it, because it knew it was me by my watch.  I would also love a watch alert when it auto locks via the walk away feature, and even better, a way to confirm the doors are locked if I want to.

Thanks!

TheMikeD
Experienced Driver

Option A would be great. The addition of an option to be alerted to set it as you walk away from the vehicle would be an even better option. 

Current battery status would also be useful.  

rchweidan
New Driver

I'd also vote for Option A - great idea

Jack
Staff
Staff

Thank you MachEbh, TheMikeD and rchweidan for responding to our question. Great feedback! It’s really good to hear that you share our opinion that option A) is something that customers would really like/benefit from.

MachEbn – we are exploring the evolution of our Security products and are looking at ways for the vehicle to know its you and automatically drop in and out of its heightened security state, however there is a very delicate balance between maximising your convenience and inadvertently making it easier for a thief to bypass the very security measures that we have put in place.

TheMikeD – we are working on the next generation smart watch experience right now and you’ll be pleased to know that battery state of charge and charging status is right there on your wrist. 😀