cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5.0 Update: App doesn't get past blank white screen

brysonadcock
New Driver

I tried using the FordPass app for the first time since the update was installed. I was met with a prompt to restart the app to get the required updates. So I did but now when I open the app, I am met with a blank white screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and restarting my phone, but get the white screen every time no matter what. 

I see others have commented on this issue in the past couple days but saw no official resolution or suggestions on how to first the issue. Has anyone gotten a response to this issue from Ford Support or the developers? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lu
Staff
Staff

Hey all, we've just published a hotfix for iOS users with FP 5.0.1 in the app store a bit earlier today. Please upgrade to the latest version and give it a try. If the issue still persists for you, could you please DM me your VIN and FP account?

Lu - FordPass Product Manager

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66

Thank you so much for the information for those who shared the email to receive the TestFlight invite with me. 

The build has just become available, and I've sent you a TestFlight invite. Please watch out for an invitation email from Apple and follow the instructions in the email to redeem the invitation code. 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

Thank you so much for helping verify the fix to the blank screen issue. We really appreciate your patience and help. 🙏

lu
Staff
Staff

Hey all, we've just released an iOS 5.0.2 to fix the completely blank screen issue. It will show up in the app store as soon as Apple reviews and approves it. 

This update includes performance improvements and bug fixes:
  • Fixed the issue where a blank screen was shown after login.
  • Fixed the issue where the incorrect vehicle capability check logic was applied for Apple Watch and PHEV vehicles.

Hi @lu, I installed the 5.0.2 app update and still the issue with the app saying my 2017 Escape is running is ongoing. Sliding it off gives an error. 

That's exactly what I have on my 2017 Escape.

I sure hope they get this resolved. I loved the old app and wish I could go back to that older version.