cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach-e OTA updates

lzimme
Learner Driver

Frustrated with my OTA experience.  I have a ‘22 Mach-e GT PE that I bought new in August of this year.  i’ve been looking forward to getting the 4.1.2 update that leverages the volume knob for HVAC functions.  At the time, my latest OTA update was in the 3.5 series. Other owners received the 4.1.2 update in January or February of this year. I contacted Ford’s new vehicle technology team and was told my VIN “had no outstanding updates”. Later, when I received the 4.2.1 update (having not received the 4.1.2 update), I again contacted Ford. They said it appeared the 4.1 series missed my car and suggested I take the car to the dealership to get a manual update. Working with Ford’s technology assistance team, my dealership was able to apply the 4.1.2 update (in addition to several software ‘recalls’ and addressing a fault code).  My dealership billed me $250, explaining that Ford does not pay for software updates. I contacted Ford’s customer advocate team and asked why I had to pay for an update that other owners of the car got for free. I reminded them that I took the car to the dealership at the recommendation of one of their support personnel. Ford explained that I was charged a diagnostic fee by the dealership, and Ford does not reimburse for that charge. They promised to escalate, but as of now, I’ve heard nothing back. I share the story as a cautionary tale.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for confirming.  We are a UK forum, although have some members from the rest of Europe.  The Ford Power-Up schedule for Europe is slightly different and we have different roll-out plans and content in Europe.  We deploy our updates in a Ford Power-Up Software Update sequence where each update is always done in a specified order over-the-air one.  We do not normally see missed or skipped updates. 

I am, however, sorry to learn of the issues that you've experienced.  If you were promised an escalation from your local Ford team and have heard nothing, I would recommend contacting the USA Ford Customer Assistance Center for further assistance at (800) 392-3673.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob
Staff
Staff

Hello @lzimme   Which country are you located in please ?

lzimme
Learner Driver

USA

Thank you for confirming.  We are a UK forum, although have some members from the rest of Europe.  The Ford Power-Up schedule for Europe is slightly different and we have different roll-out plans and content in Europe.  We deploy our updates in a Ford Power-Up Software Update sequence where each update is always done in a specified order over-the-air one.  We do not normally see missed or skipped updates. 

I am, however, sorry to learn of the issues that you've experienced.  If you were promised an escalation from your local Ford team and have heard nothing, I would recommend contacting the USA Ford Customer Assistance Center for further assistance at (800) 392-3673.