cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Error

Josh1334
Learner Driver

Hello,

Today I bought my first ever Fiesta. Love the car but I'm unable to get the fordpass app to work. A big reason I went with a fiesta.

I've added the vin and it is a car that has fpc but whenever I click activite it comes up with a connection error.

I've checked the car and everything is on, on the fordpass connect. I've tried a master reset. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Removing the vin and adding again.

The fordpass guides aren't sure why it isn't working either.

Apparently it worked at some point as they could see that today as an iPhone was added. I'm assuming lookers checking that it worked still.

Has this happened to anyone else and how was you able to fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Josh1334
Learner Driver

Update!

I have managed to get the car to activate on the fordpass pro app however it is now saying connectivity settings are disabled and to adjust on vehicles touchscreen. 

I have been down to the car and they are all set to on.

Any ideas on what it could be saying this?

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Community @Josh1334!

It looks like you may have an Activation problem on FordPass. The connection error could be down to something on our end but just in case try again when not connected to wifi. 

If this still isn't working, we'd need you to contact our Guides (our dedicated FordPass support team). 

1. Open the FordPass app
  2. Go to Account 
  3. Scroll down and select Help
Community Moderator

Thank you for helping.

I have spoken with the guides who have sent me an email address who fingers crossed can help me