cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging

MachEbh
Mile Burner

I have my Mach E set to charge to 90% between midnight and 6AM (super off-peak rates).  When I press “charge to 100%” in the FordPass app (before midnight), is it supposed to wait until my programmed start time (midnight) and THEN charge to 100%?  Or does is start right away (which is what it did when I tried it)?  Or perhaps it couldn’t get to 100% by 6AM so that’s why it started right away?

Looking for the easiest way to temporarily override the 90% when I need 100% the next day.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chris200100
Community Legend

@MachEbh 

Unfortunately the charge timer on the Mach e is awful if the percentage is higher than it can achieve in your set hours it will start straight away when plugged in.

the only way around this is if your charger is a smart one with an app and to use the timer on your charger and set the Mach e to 100% then the charger will start at your desired time and charge as much as it can in you set hours. 
what is needed is the percentage adjustment to be separate from the scheduler so the scheduler just starts and stops the charge on the hours set if the percentage set is reached before the timer end then it stops if not the timer stops the charge. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

chris200100
Community Legend

@MachEbh 

Unfortunately the charge timer on the Mach e is awful if the percentage is higher than it can achieve in your set hours it will start straight away when plugged in.

the only way around this is if your charger is a smart one with an app and to use the timer on your charger and set the Mach e to 100% then the charger will start at your desired time and charge as much as it can in you set hours. 
what is needed is the percentage adjustment to be separate from the scheduler so the scheduler just starts and stops the charge on the hours set if the percentage set is reached before the timer end then it stops if not the timer stops the charge.