cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Mobile App connection to Sync4

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Since update 4.16.0 I have noticed the  Ford Pass Icon Apo no long shows up on Sync4 App  display when running my  Ford Pass App on my iPhone 12ProMax.  

4D56A416-9F53-418B-BAD5-1E8D74C1CF9C.jpeg

It does not show when connected by USB cable or Bluetooth, and Apple Car Play disconnected. This used to be problem on earlier FP versions. When connected before the iphone would display’ Driving Icon to confirm before I could use the phone.  Now nothing at all appears.” at all.

I noticed if I open the Sync4 Vehicle Drawer > Settings > Mobile Apps>
Both the Mobile Apps setting & toggle button is Off and Greyed Out! 

There is also no apps in the mobile app compatible list! 

CB408B72-5888-430F-874D-F6CAFA396A7C.jpeg

 Is this normsl maybe ad it is now due to changes and deletions of functions and connectivity with new updates to the Ford Pass App? 

I know in the USA there are more compatible apps in the Sync4 compatible app list.  

Anyone have the same problem? 

Any solutions? 

Hoping to learn more!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasIII, this may be because AppLink for FordPass was disabled a few updates ago and communicated. Apple Car Play should still work as usual, however. 

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Btw::  I have Ford Pass ver 4.19.0

I have tried switching Bluetooth Off inTouchscreen  Vehicle > Settings> Connectivity > Bluetooth   waited & ON & reconnected . Bluetooth connects, mydic & phone work but …No Applink

I also tried this next Wireless Mobile App projection.  OFF> ON, even connecting to SSID, … No Applink

Direct USB C Cable,  iphone & music connected  …. no AppLink  or on screen Ford Pass icon on touchscreen.  Mobile Apo connectivity on/off remains’ greyed out!   😫

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasIII, this may be because AppLink for FordPass was disabled a few updates ago and communicated. Apple Car Play should still work as usual, however. 

Community Moderator

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Thanks Ikenna,

I can see that now. Because connected features with Apple Car Play are there.  So the FordPass Icon is not longer applicable on the SYNC4 Display? 

A further issue though is the Wireless App Projection setting in SYNC4 -Vehicle-Connectivity, which seems is required for Apple Car Play to be connected without the USB, now. This is Wifi setting, though not Bluetooth and the Wireless App Projection SSID, is not internet connected. So the problem I notice now when connected to Apple Car Play and go to Apple Maps, there is no data, or even streaming Apple Music. So I have to plug in my iphone by usb and Data returns.     So is there a work around to this? Apple Car Play without an internet connection,  is kind of like driving with flat tyres. 

Thanks