cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party api blocking

chris200100
Community Legend

@Ikenna 

I have read on the Mach e forum that third party api’s are being blocked by Ford.

im on intelligent octopus for my electricity and they use a third party api to control the charging of the Mach e when plugged in however with Ford pass being so slow and notifications not being sent octopus are having a hard time controlling the charging the commands are being sent but are somehow being blocked as it’s not stopping or starting the charging when requested by octopus. 
can someone look into this and remove and blocks on the account 

7 REPLIES 7

Barry72
Experienced Driver

Hi Chris200100, 

I am also on the Intelligent Octopus tariff, and today I am unable to access my FordPass account. I assume I have the same issue as you and that my account has been blocked due to the third party API. Fortunately I can get the car charged but just cannot see SOC or any other vehicle details.

@Ikenna do you have any suggestions on how I get access to my FordPass account?

fo

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Barry72  @chris200100, we are currently reviewing our approach to Third Party applications accessing FordPass via APIs as this could impact the security of your data and remote vehicle functionality. Some apps will also pull data at a rate which could damage your 12V battery health.

In the meantime please get in touch with us via 01277 254745 so we can unblock your account.

Unfortunately, you will need to unlink Octopus from your FordPass account for now. 

Community Moderator

@Ikenna  That doesn’t help us on intelligent octopus the whole point of intelligent octopus is to put less demand on the uk electricity grid.

I would appreciate if any blocks on my account regarding third party apis are removed and full access given which I have given my permission to which I have with intelligent octopus 

davehbuffalo
Visitor

Blocking APIs is a big deal. Big enough to make a difference on my next car purchase.