cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Pass Functionality in line with North America

DavidK
Experienced Driver

I was reading with great interest the North American based Mach E Forum. By sheer chance one of the articles illustrated a screenshot of the Ford Pass screen. The Ford Pass in this particular case highlighted any recalls applicable to the car. Furthermore, which is the question I would like to ask: 

Is the UK Version of the Ford Pass going to enable us to have increased functionality with the ability to open/close, windows, tailgate and frunk in line with North America spec vehicles?
Whilst I suggest that these items are not essential, they would never the less, be useful if the donkey work has been already been done within Fomoco.7C2DB507-B503-4BC0-96A9-9E1E18275D3F.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DavidK, the capability you've described above is  Phone as a Key (PAAK), which uses a direct Bluetooth connection between the phone and vehicle.

Although this is used in North America, the PAAK solution wasn’t approved for use in the UK because of incompatibility with Thatcham requirements.

If adjustments were made to accommodate Thatcham under the UK requirements, then the feature would no longer work, so there aren’t any plans to launch this in the UK.

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DavidK, the capability you've described above is  Phone as a Key (PAAK), which uses a direct Bluetooth connection between the phone and vehicle.

Although this is used in North America, the PAAK solution wasn’t approved for use in the UK because of incompatibility with Thatcham requirements.

If adjustments were made to accommodate Thatcham under the UK requirements, then the feature would no longer work, so there aren’t any plans to launch this in the UK.

Community Moderator

Hi @Ikenna I don’t think this can be wholly true, there are other manufacturers in the UK using PaaK (Tesla) without problems. In all honesty a button on the Sync screen to open the Frunk would be more valuable though. And a Mustang branded key fob instead of the generic Ford one would be nice.

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @saltski, I can only feedback on the explanation that's been shared. From the explanation for us to do it in a way to accommodate the requirements, it wouldn't work as intended. 

In terms of the key, this is much-needed feedback and could help differentiate multiple Ford vehicles.

Could you please drop this in the Ideas section? That way we can share it with the relevant team.

Community Moderator