cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App rendered useless by cookie request.

Roddydoddy
Experienced Driver

I have two Android phones, and use the app on both - to connect to a Mustang Mach-E.

Since opening the app today, it has started blocking the whole screen with a request to accept in-app cookies, and then, even after you have clicked "Accept", simply brings the whole cookie-request screen back with the same request as soon as you return to the main home screen. This request blocks off the whole of the phone's screen.

This is really painful, as it renders the app useless.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Roddydoddy, we're aware of the issue which caused a continuous loop of the Cookie Privacy setting. This has been fixed overnight so the app should be fine to use now.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this to you and all other users affected.

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Roddydoddy
Experienced Driver

All fixed now. Thanks for the prompt action.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Roddydoddy, we're aware of the issue which caused a continuous loop of the Cookie Privacy setting. This has been fixed overnight so the app should be fine to use now.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this to you and all other users affected.

Community Moderator

Lukasz
Learner Driver

Hi Ikenna, I have the same cookie issue on the version 4.24.0 updated the 04-FEB-2023.
It is looping endlessly in the cookies settings. 
Any suggestion?
Many thanks!

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Lukasz, this was sorted in an update a while ago but seems like it's come back. Thanks for raising it, here's what you can do. 

Could you please email fpgbr@ford.com with your VIN, a screenshot of the loop and when you think it started please? 

Community Moderator

Lukasz
Learner Driver

Hi Ikenna, 
Thank you for your quick reply.
I've sent an email to Ford with the required information.
Will keep you updated.
Lukasz