cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa installed, … but not connecting!

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Hello @Darren & @Rob 

Just starting out a clean post on this subject. 

After the completion of the Series 3 Updates Alexa was installed and activated. However upon any request or just saying “Alexa”  Sync4A recognises it  on display, showing the Alexa icon, after 1-2 minutes  a red bar appears under the alexa display and says “I’m having trouble connecting. Please check your network connection and try again. “

So this happened when trying throughout a 4 hour drive and is normal with full Vodafone signal. Also trying all configurations. connected to Wifi 5G Data, CarPlay,  Bluetooth Audio, or nothing connected at all. On 3 occasions out of many in different situations I got a immediate answer to “What time is it? “  … but trying any further requests, even asking time again, I  get same connection issue! 

Something is not right. Can anything be done? If this can’t resolved or without buying streaming, can Alexa be disabled? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasIII, I have been looking into this in the background with the tech teams. They want to do some backend tests so will get back to you asap with an update asap. 

FordPass Community Manager

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

PS - While we investigate you can also disable the feature by signing out of your Alexa account, or keep it active by disabling wake word (this will mean it will only attempt to work with manual intervention)  

Darren_0-1689839427581.png

FordPass Community Manager

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Thanks Darren, 

It’s just because there is conflict if I sometimes use the Alexa on my IPhone. If Alexa on Sync4 isn’t working,  It still does through Carplay. 
Looking forward to a solution though.

- Jas

JasIII
Skilled Driver

According to @Rob  Series3 update was completed when Alexa Icon showed up last Friday and I registered.  However today the download arrow showed on the up display and pressing revealed 

3.5.3.4  was installed.  

IMG_9960.jpeg

I think this might have made a difference, and will let you know, but going out to drive it I got this message!

IMG_9961.jpeg

 OMG 😱 then in FP

IMG_9962.jpeg