cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update Broken?

Danielsan
Visitor

Dropped my truck off at my local RV centre to have a hitch system installed.  Their key drop was a little sketchy,  and I dropped it off after midnight shift. 

Went to check on the status of my truck and confirm it was locked via the app when i got home.

My truck is indicating that it's still at my workplace,  the app says my truck is running but also gives me the option to start it? And I can't lock it remotely.  I know the area its parked has excellent cell service, so I don't believe connectivity is an issue. 

Not sure how long ago the app updated,  but this new version seems to have ditched the force refresh option. When this used to happen, a quick refresh would fix the issue. 

Am I missing something? Or is this just a growing pain with the new app? On the android version. 

3 REPLIES 3

Rob6805
Mile Burner

It's the app. V5.x is riddeled with bugs and missing features that the previous ver had. 

Agreed, this includes the trip planning/charging location function, which is key for EVs, like my new Mach E. 

I've spent time with the Ford Pass folks on the phone and they shrugged their shoulders at the lost functionality.  Their advice was to cross my fingers and  wait for version 5.1.  This is *NOT* the way to help with potential buyers' range anxiety... 

david
Staff
Staff

If you're able to DM me with your VIN and account info, I may be able to take a look to see if this is an F-150 issue we are tracking and give you some updates.

Senior Engineering Manager - FordPass

Vapor Blue Mach-E