cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach-e Tailgate Alignment.

Oz
Learner Driver

Hello,

I have a UK spec 1st Edition Mach-e, the rear tailgate is lower at its edge to the glass roof. The wind whistles in and water does drip occasionally.  The dealer says it is a fault and there is a USA engineering fix but nothing for Europe, so they cannot fix it under warranty. How can I expedite a resolution for this issue ANYONE PLEASE?

7 REPLIES 7

chris200100
Community Legend

@Oz  there is usually some adjustment in the hinges to allow for realignment any good body shop should be able to do this. 
how much lower is it? 
I’d also check the rubber seal make sure that it’s contacting the tailgate 

Hi, The tailgate is 6mm below the glass roof line and the rubber and wind seal dont make contact with the glass roof. There are no apparent hinge adjustments that I can see appart from perhaps fitting sim inserts between the body and hinge attachments. I will take a photo and post it tomorrow.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

chris200100
Community Legend

6mm is quite a lot, when I said adjustment in the hinges, normally there some movement in them when you slacken the bolts that attach them to the car body and you can normally move them about to get the alignment right.

do you have any issues with the tailgate closing and latching?

the other possibility is the glass roof fully fitted and seated properly 

20230321_124007.jpg

20230321_123955.jpg

20230321_123848.jpg

20230321_123839.jpg

20230321_123833.jpg