cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FordPass version 5

Loganfire03
Learner Driver

The new FordPass version 5 update sucks! So many cool options in the old app have been removed (tire pressure, oil life, manuals, mileage  ect). My vehicle health report has said temporarily unavailable since day one. My start/stop button will work one day and doesn’t the next. Can’t lock or unlock my doors either. I’ve tried everything ford has recommended to fix the issue but nothing. 

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks alcohenusa,  I went to Ford support  and entered a new service entry.  All went well until I hit SAVE,  got a message saying Oop's something went wrong, try again later.   Waited a few hours and same thing.   I don't think Ford wants us to do our own maintenance!

I guess they just can’t get their act together. 

Finally got a reply from the Product Manager but no real answer. Mainly an apology for any issues and a promise of updates to the app. But, no promise of any specific feature returning to the app.

Meanwhile, Farley is in lalaland touting the great new FordPass app over on X….

jpohlman
Mile Burner

5.0 on Android is totally inconsistent from day to day and I am on the current release.

1) Monday I could see location of a vehicle that I have secondary access on, today I can't but I can see it on one that I have primary access on.

2) Service history I can now see owner entries, but still can't enter anything without going to the Ford owner site. The way 4.x did this worked well since you could ALSO take a pic of the receipt and attach it to the service record.

3) Fuel gauge + estimated range that was in 4.x was changed to just range in 5.0, here's a fact of life, the estimated range isn't always correct. The fuel gauge on the other hand does tell me how much gas is actually in the tank, (if you're going to build this EV centric, I'd suggest both a Ford Blue and a Ford Green version).

4) Oil life monitor in 4.x showed estimate life remaining as well as estimated miles and approximate date due, 5.0 only shows the percentage.  I've had Ford hybrids and ecoboost vehicles for over 10 years, I've yet to see one where the percentage was 100% accurate due to the variables in how the vehicle is used.  For those with low miles/year it let you know when the 12mo interval was going to be due.

5) ESP warranty status now doesn't show consistently.