cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Pass - Sending Locations to the Car

Lennox476576
Experienced Driver

Up until today I have been able to plan a route on the Ford Pass App and then send it to my car (Mustang MachE) where it would appear in “My Trips” in the Navigation screen. This was an incredibly useful feature and I used it a lot and now it seems to have gone ??!

I had an update on the car a couple of days ago but I haven’t seen any update on the FordPass App

us this something to do with the new “improvements” if so can someone tell me how this has improved anything !!! ??? Or am i missing something ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Thepokerfactory
New Driver

I'm Mike, from the Netherlands. I have the same issue, I used this feature a lot too. But all of a sudden, it's gone.  In "messages" it was revealed that this feature was going to be removed, I have no idea why. It also mentioned that a newer version of the Fordpass would return. Let's hope this feature, or similar, is added again. 

By the way, you can still look up destinations, and then use Apple aps or Google Maps, and project it on your screen. But not as nice as using the car navigation. 

Mike

The Netherlands 

Mike - yes I saw that you could send to Apple etc but I tend to use the built in Navigation system by default. This was a feature I had on my Audi and I was delighted to have it on the MachE as it’s really useful especially if you are going to a number of different locations over a period of time. You can send them all to the car the night before and then jump in and pick them from the menu in the morning - let’s hope if comes back soon !!

Thepokerfactory
New Driver

Hi, I'm not sure where you are located, but just a tip that might work for you too.

I often use Chargemap. (https://chargemap.com) It's an app that helps you to plan your trips, including charging. You can adapt your trip, added, remove, alter charging stops etc. Once you've got the trip you want, you can save it, and then "cast" to your screen. It works quite well, and even watches traffic etc. In addition, you can log on from your PC, and look at it on a big screen.

But, still, I agree, the Ford app was very very useful. 

Good luck !

Mike