cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fordpass removal of functionality

rchweidan
New Driver

I'm a bit confused about today's announcement of the removal of Journeys, Find "Fuel" and Send Destination. The announcement says it will allow for development of "Exciting New Features" all of which are already there as far as I can see.

This leaves me with two questions:

1. Is Ford removing the ability to search for chargers as part of this "find Fuel" removal?

2. What exactly are we getting in return for the loss of functionality?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Charles
Staff
Staff

Hey @rchweidan 

1. No, absolutely not!

Find Charging points will remain in the Map feature it’s only finding traditional fuel stations that are being removed.

Helping Mach-E users find charging stations with all the useful filters (speed, withing the BlueOval Charge Network) remains a top priority for all of us.

View solution in original post

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rchweidan - we can't fully share future plans for FordPass yet but it is the intent of this site to ensure you will be some of the first people to know when we can.

The removal of Applink features wasn't a decision taken lightly but will lay the foundation for the next big changes for FordPass.

The aim is to ensure we do all that we can to improve functionality and resiliency. Applink resource in terms of the space it takes in the app and the people working on it will be redeployed into the core FordPass experience with our EV experience being one of our key priorities. I appreciate that doesn't fully answer your question but you will certainly be getting something new in terms of the evolution of FordPass. 

FordPass Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Charles
Staff
Staff

Hey @rchweidan 

1. No, absolutely not!

Find Charging points will remain in the Map feature it’s only finding traditional fuel stations that are being removed.

Helping Mach-E users find charging stations with all the useful filters (speed, withing the BlueOval Charge Network) remains a top priority for all of us.

Thanks Charles - can you help with Part 2 of my question as well please? Even if the answer is we arent!

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rchweidan - we can't fully share future plans for FordPass yet but it is the intent of this site to ensure you will be some of the first people to know when we can.

The removal of Applink features wasn't a decision taken lightly but will lay the foundation for the next big changes for FordPass.

The aim is to ensure we do all that we can to improve functionality and resiliency. Applink resource in terms of the space it takes in the app and the people working on it will be redeployed into the core FordPass experience with our EV experience being one of our key priorities. I appreciate that doesn't fully answer your question but you will certainly be getting something new in terms of the evolution of FordPass. 

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

For ongoing questions and updates we have also created this thread